1. All submissions must be the original work by the author and not having been previously published - even if on personal website.
2. Entrants must be age 18 or over
3. Short stories must be a maximum of 1500 words. Preferably between 1000 and 1500 (not including title). See individual competitions for word size requirements as occasional competitions will have different word counts.
4. Poems no longer than 40 lines (not including spaces between stanzas or titles).
5. Entries must be written in English and be in 1.5 line spacing.
6. Entrants do not have to be resident in the UK.
7. Entry is by submission upload form (accessed via 'Competitions' section in main menu or via individual competition pages)
8. Please attach your entry in either pdf, doc, txt or rtf formats.
9. We reserve the right to alter the judges.
10. No identifying marks should be put on the submitted story. Any name, address, email or telephone number should be sent separately in the body of the submission form.
11. When submitting please state the title of your submission in the relevant section of the form together with your name.
12. All entries are judged anonymously.
13. Each entry must be accompanied by payment. Payment is made via the PayPal button on the submission page.
14. Please add PayPal payment ID/details in body of your submission (can be omitted with free competitions only).
15. No fees can be refunded or entries returned.
16. By submitting you agree to grant the right for the Writing World to publish your work if a prize winner or short listed.
17. The winner also agrees to participate in any publicity events related to this competition.
18. Entries must be received by the relevant date. Late entries will not be valid.
19. You can enter as may times as you wish.
20. Submitting implies acceptance of all rules.
21. Competitions that specify for fledgling writers are not open to those who earn a living from writing or have had their work accepted by a publishing company.
22. Monetary prizes will be paid via PayPal.
23. Other prizes will be sent to the PayPal address, unless a different address is specified in the Payment ID section of submission form.